A note from Proverbs 31 Ministries: The content in this podcast covers the topic of “narcissism.”
Narcissism is a personality disorder that requires a medical diagnosis. Proverbs 31 Ministries does not condone labeling another person with a personality disorder. Please see the links below if you need help finding a Christian counselor.
It’s a word that gets thrown around a lot, but what does it really mean? And, how does it affect your life?
So … what do we do if we’re in a relationship with a narcissist? And how is narcissism different than a personal struggle with selfishness? And what does selfishness teach us about our own need for God, even if we don’t struggle with narcissism?
In this episode of The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, we'll unpack narcissism through a conversation between Lysa TerKeurst, her personal licensed counselor Jim Cress and Proverbs 31 Ministries director of theology, Joel Muddamalle.
- Understand the medically defined character traits of a narcissist as well as the difference between narcissism and selfishness.
- Discover that the desire of a narcissist — to receive admiration and praise, and to control others — is a human need we all struggle with on some level, that only Jesus can truly fulfill.
- Learn that compassion and healthy boundaries are necessary if you are in a marriage, family or working relationship with a narcissist.
- Lysa TerKeurst’s latest Bible study, Trustworthy, releases November 12, 2019. In this 6-session study on 1 & 2 Kings, you can join Lysa in Israel via video as she honestly reveals the places of distrust in her own heart while exploring the deeply personal, applicable Scriptures that will teach us how to truly trust God. Grab your copy of the study through Proverbs 31 Ministries today!
- If you need help processing tough trust issues, we recommend finding a Christian counselor you can trust. The American Association of Christian Counselors is a resource you can trust to find the right counselor for your specific circumstances.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.