The P31 Woman Magazine is a monthly publication. We do not sell advertising and we consider the production of each monthly issue a ministry. Contributors are not paid, but they do retain the rights to their work.
Proverbs 31 Ministries is always seeking contributions of articles that support our mission of encouraging and equipping women in the Seven Principles of The Proverbs 31 Woman. We do not accept poems.
What to Submit:
- Read the magazine to familiarize yourself with the kinds of articles we publish. (However, don't be afraid to submit something just because it's different from anything we have published before).
- Watch the length of what you submit. Suggested length is between 200 and 1000 words. If you have a longer piece, consider dividing into Part I and Part II. Each segment must stand alone.
- Please do not submit blog posts, links to your blog or links to your website. We are interested in magazine articles only, submitted with your e-mail (either attached in a Word document or pasted into the body of the message). Visit our website (www.Proverbs31.org) and click on "P31 Woman" for sample articles.
- Please do not submit devotions. Devotions are written by our Proverbs 31 team, and occasionally by She Speaks graduates.
How to Submit:
- Please e-mail your article to Janet Burke, Assistant Editor. Please submit one article at a time.
- Send seasonal or holiday articles at least six months in advance.
- You can expect a response within six to eight weeks (sometimes longer depending on our submissions). You will hear from us whether we accept your article or not.
- If you use Scripture quotations, please indicate which Bible version used in the copy of your article.
- We reserve the right to edit all contributions for style, clarity and length.
- Let us know if it has been published before. Include where and when.
- If your article is selected for publication, we will send you a release form asking for permission to use it in the magazine and its promotion, as well as in other facets of our ministry, including radio programs and on our website.
- Be patient. Each issue is produced a couple of months before it reaches your mailbox, and issues are taking shape many months before that.
Writer's Critique Groups
Are you a writer looking to connect with other Christian women writers? If so, Proverbs 31 offers online critique groups. These groups are lead by volunteers who have attended She Speaks or are currently serving in ministry for Proverbs 31. There is no cost to join a group, but we do ask that you be committed to the craft of writing, and willing to invest time into the group.
To find out more about joining an online critique group, please email Julie Gillies.
Request Permission to Reprint
Proverbs 31 Ministries does not own the copyright to any of our magazine articles, devotions or blog posts. The original author is the only one able to grant reprint permission. If you see a devotion or blog post you'd like to reprint, please contact the author directly. Normally there is an email address somewhere. Be prepared to tell the author how you plan on using her writing.
For articles from The P31 Woman, please contact our editor, Glynnis Whitwer, for permission. She will contact the author and work as an intermediary.
Encouragement for Today Devotions
Proverbs 31 Ministries offers free daily devotions to encourage women each weekday in their walk with God. Our authors are members of the Proverbs 31 Writers and Speakers teams. We do not currently accept outside submissions for this area of the ministry.